No. 1 3018/6/2013-Estt.(L)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
[ Department of Personnel & Training j
New Delhi, the 5th June, 2014
OFFICE MEMORANDUMSubject: Child Care Leave (CCL) in respect of Central Government Employees as a result of Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations — Clarification — regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department's O.M No. 1 3018/2/2008-Estt.(L) dated 11/09/2008 regarding introduction of Child Care Leave(CCL) in respect of Central Government employees.
Subsequently, clarifications have been issued vide OMs dated 29.9.2008, 18.11.2008, 02.12.2008 and dated 07.09.2010. Child Care Leave at present is allowed for a minimum period of 15 days. References have been received from various quarters seeking a review of this stipulation.
2. The matter has been considered in consultation with Department of Expenditure, and it has been decided to remove the requirement of minimum period of 15 days' CCL. There is no change as regards other conditions of this leave.
3. These orders take effect from the date of issue of this Office Memorandum.
( S.G. Mulchandaney )Under Secretary to the Government of India
1. All Ministries/Departments of the Government of India, etcT. el.No.26164316
(As per standard mailing list).
2. All State Government and Union Territories.
3. Governors of all States/Lt. Governors of all Union Territories.
4. Secretary, National Council of JCM (Staff Side), 13-C, Feroz Shah Road,
5. All Members of Staff Side of the National Council of JCM/Departmental
6. All Officers/Sections of DOP&T/Department of Administrative Reforms
and Public Grievances/ Department of Pensions and Pensioners'
7. Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure.
8. Railway Board, New Delhi.
10.50 Spare copies.